Life as we know it..

I feel obligated to keep record of my thoughts before life takes a huge change. Because of some medical reasons we will be induced a week early. For the last month we have known the date when "show time" will happen and I've liked that, I like to know ahead of time, plan and prepare. 

Also, I'm doubtful that the amount of women who complain about delivering a week early is very high. 

These last few days I'm in awe at everything that surrounds me. I'm in awe at myself and women in general who are blessed enough to carry a special angel and do it so selflessly. My mom always taught me to never hold back on having children based on what would happen to my body. I thought that was obvious but I noticed a few years ago that fear was totally holding me back. I hate pain, I didn't want to gain crazy weight, I also LOVE sleep and I wasn't ready to give that up. 

I now can't bend down to pick up stuff as easily, I wake up all night trying to find a comfortable position, and look at myself in the mirror in complete awe of all the changes. Comfort is something so foreign and summer walks are painful. I'm pretty sure if I was to do a full body workout, I wouldn't know if I'm sore or just pregnant tomorrow. 

I thought turning 13 was a huge landmark in my life. Then I moved out, woke up in my own apartment with stranger roommates and lived a very fun life, THAT had to be the peak of my existence. However, I met a handsome blonde boy once who swept me off my feet and taught me what a magical life was like. 

For the last three years and four months everything has been so magical next to Jordan. We've struggled but we always find ourselves talking about how much we love our marriage. We are truly best friends. 

We've been blessed enough to snorkel in the Bahamas and see some of God's most beautiful creations. We've seen beautiful sunsets along some of the most beautiful coasts, walked through the great wall of China, seen amazing Mayan culture throughout Mexico and yet, we are bracing ourselves for the most magical moment yet. We get to become parents soon! 

I look back at all the pain and discomfort this week and know I'll miss it. I'll miss feeling our little buddy kick and wiggle inside me but I can't wait to get to know him!! I can't wait to share him with his daddy who loves him so much and can't wait to read and watch sports with him. 

Life as we know it is about to get so much better and we just can't wait! 




Comments

Popular Posts